Saturday, February 6

2007 Stuff

Saturday, November 17, 2007
Uh Ohh, Chongo!
Today I got tired of moping around and crying about my dog. Yes, I KNOW it's only been 4 days. Yes, I'm still devastated. Mojo can never be replaced, but I needed to fill the giant, gaping hole in my heart that was left by Mojo's passing. Ya know, it wasn't only me that was hurting. Though Mojo was MY dog, my Boyo was having a hard time, as well. So we went to the pound today to let a dog pick us out. We spent a good 2 hours there. There were a LOT of Chow Chows, Pit Bulls, a few Rotts, some Shep mixes, Lab mixes, a few little yappy-lappy dogs. Of course I was drawn to the black Labs. In particular, one of them couldn't take his eyes off my kid. We went back again and again to see this dog. His name was Champ and could be adopted TODAY!

Well. . . . . . Dang! Today! Like, right now! So Boyo and I conferred (like for about 2 seconds), took the dog out to introduce ourselves and hang out for a bit. Then we filled out some paperwork. He was surrendered by his previous owner just this week. HIS LOSS. I signed my life away, paid some fees, and we are now the proud people owned by a 3 year old black Lab! He's fixed. He's microchipped. He's goofy as hell. We have changed his name to Chongo. It fits. He's claimed the loveseat as his own. He likes pizza. And beer. He's a sloppy drinker, though he hasn't started slurping out of the toilet yet.

We're all very happy
pateeta
11:07 PM


Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I’ve lost my Mojo
Mojo- my precious big black dog became an angel today. He has blessed my life for 12 years. I got him when I was pregnant with my Boyo. He's been with me through some very tough times. He was sweet and goofy. A bigfooted, black-spotted tongued, HAIRY, noisy, so so soft and warm, sloppy, toilet-drinker. I swear he could smile.
Mojo had a lemon-sized tumor growing in his sinuses that had no symptoms until 2 months ago. The only sign he had was flinching when I reached to pet his head. The vet thought it was his ears, so we spent 2 weeks cleaning gunk out of them. Then he bit a hole through his lip and it got infected. Then he started blowing bloody goobers and snot out of his nose. Then he had a cracked upper molar and lost 3 other teeth when they pulled that out. This all happened in the past 2 months. I only found out 2 days ago about the tumor when I took him back for head x-rays. In TWO DAYS my dog became incapacitated. The vet said it was a very fast growing tumor and had a very poor prognosis. Well no shit. 2 days is not enough time to prepare to lose someone so precious. Is there EVER time?

This morning I took him back to the vet. I laid on the floor holding him while the vet prepared his shot. Mojo went peacefully. I am not so peaceful.


I can still feel his heart beating.
pateeta
10:11 AM




Sunday, October 14, 2007
Blast from the past
It happened again. Out of nowhere (a.k.a. MySpace) I get a message from a girl I knew when I was FOURTEEN years old, and we lived in California. We hung out at the pool at Rusch Park. She was on the swim team and I was on the dive team. We were typical young teenage girls who still read Tiger Beat Magazine, and listened to the Bay City Rollers. This was while I was still pure, and unsoiled by life and the bad habits I'd pick up not long after that. I haven't seen, heard, nor thought about Kelly in over 30 years, but tonight she brought it all back to me. Thank you, Kelly.

pateeta
9:17 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment